Thursday, October 08, 2009

Heard Around the Building

"You should just be glad you've got a job." I'm glad I've got a job, but I'm neither a mule nor a slave. Back the hell off.
"Is it Thanksgiving, yet?" Hell, no, but we're counting the days.
"You need to sign up for your observation - it's getting late." On who's calendar? Last year, I got observed when I taught fractions in about late November/early December. The year before, I was teaching freaking immigration which falls in about January, people. Next year, just come the first week of school. That should solve a whole multitude of problems.
"Lesson plans should include standards, essential questions, and how you are going to address inclusion students, IEP students, average students, and gifted students. Every class, every day." You might as well have us writing individual lesson plans for every child in the room.

I have to tell you that we are at DEFCOM 5. The teachers in our building are getting ready to blow. One more requirement, one more stupid comment, one more meeting and we are finished.

You guys who aren't teachers probably think that we are living the life of Reilly. We aren't. We are being pushed, shoved, poked and prodded by the powers that be. If one more person who doesn't have a clue opens his big mouth to tell me what to do, I may become BBK - bitch be krazy. And I'm telling you now, I'm (we're) not far from it.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Finding Normal said...

I missed yesterday's monthly staff meetings since I was in ICT training, but rumor has it..things got ugly fast when our state testing collided with our (stupid, pointless, ass backwards) curriculum mapping and we were told ONE MORE THING we need to do. Luckily I think our principal is just telling us because he has to, not because he really cares how well we do it. General consensus seems that we'll just make it up rather than REALLY do it. What is the point in that?

10/08/2009 5:03 PM  
Blogger raidergirl3 said...

You should come to Canada - we have all that shit too in teaching, but at least Monday is Thanksgiving: first long weekend! woo hoo.

10/08/2009 5:31 PM  
Blogger The Vegas Art Guy said...

You should see how I have to write my lesson plans because we're N6. At least my first observation went pretty well.

10/08/2009 8:57 PM  
Blogger Lennye said...

Girl, I feel your pain! I teach south of ATL, in a small county and it is the same stuff. I've got what they call and EIP class...14 of my kiddos are 2 grade levels or more below. That means I need to have 14 kids in some form of intervention.

To top it off on our observations administration just shows up!

10/11/2009 8:12 PM  
Blogger John Deere Mom said...

Oy. Lesson plans? You mean I might have to put more than "reading" in mine? I hear you. One more thing is gonna be the death of us...

10/18/2009 4:32 PM  
Blogger The Vegas Art Guy said...

It starts with the standard and goes from there. I basically have to account for all 50+ minutes of the class. And I can only teach one standard a day. Officially that is. Ah the joys of NCLB...

10/25/2009 12:18 AM  
Blogger Margaret English said...

Absolutely! Myself and my colleagues are already exhausted and exasperated in spite of the fact that there is still a LONG way to go. Why can't they leave us alone to teach instead of draining our energy and enthusiasm with pointless bits of paper?!

10/25/2009 12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!