Sunday, December 06, 2009

Do You See What I See?

My Christmas tree is ten feet tall. I can't think about anything else, right now, because, well, I'm being dwarfed by a huge (HUGE) tree. Seriously. I have to climb on a real ladder to hang ornaments.

I was coerced by a sentimental high school Varsity cheerleader senior girl, whose football team lost in the semifinals on Friday night, and her younger sister, that the only thing they really wanted for Christmas was a ginormous tree. So, here we sit, by a tree covered in 900 lights that really could use some more.

Next year, we are getting a bonsai tree.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Steff said...

That's so funny... our daughter (a senior in the marching band) their football team went to semi finals too, (they lost too) She was so upset that it was her last high school football game ever.... and I asked hubby for a real Christmas Tree for my Birthday he said no, but that he would get me a bonsai tree instead... B-day came and went, and no trees of any kind.. :(

12/09/2009 4:07 PM  
Blogger Margaret English said...

I hear you! For the third year in a row, Mrs Teacher has come home with a Xmas tree that is clearly too big for our house. Can I see my TV? No, I can't!!

12/12/2009 6:56 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

We have that huge tree, too. I'm undecorating it right now because I hate how the lights look and it's drooping. Should've let it sit a day and "fluff". Ugh. LIke I have time for another twelve hour shift of tree decorating. Ladders, etc.

12/14/2009 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!