Sunday, March 21, 2010

Baffled by the Bull

Haven't written because of the amount of bull swirling about my head. I am planning for what we are sarcastically referring to as "springtime summer school" and am dealing with the a skinhead family who is causing strife in our grade as well as the picking and name calling that occasionally goes on with 5th graders. (Or maybe not... I've got one throwing around the f bomb.)

This "springtime summer school" has arisen because the county has decided not to pay for summer school for the kids who do not pass the super big state test. We have to decide BEFORE test results come back who HASN'T passed the test and begin prepping them for the re-test, which will be given before school is over for the year. Do I look like the Wizard of Oz? We had to tell parents before we have even given the test that we think their kid is going to fail and we are going to prep them before results come back for a retest that they might not even have to take.

Is anyone in the central office using his brain for anything besides a seat cushion?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger John Deere Mom said...

That is the craziest freaking thing I have ever heard. Good luck with that, you fortune teller, you.

3/21/2010 11:28 AM  
Blogger Lennye said...

It isn't any better south of ATL either.

3/21/2010 3:46 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I love your blog, and I love that you say it like it is. I am a 4th grade teacher, and normally don't choose to blog about work on my blog, but your blog truly speaks to what I believe. We have absurd things going on in my city (in VA), and it sounds like it's only getting worse. Hang in there.

3/21/2010 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!