Friday, January 08, 2010

Hell Has Frozen Over

As I listened to the weather reports about the impending gloom and doom heading our way, I expected nothing but a flirtation with this snow coming our way. So, yesterday afternoon, as I headed to my favorite bakery for its "Snow Day Special" (soup, rolls and pie!! yummy) and the flakes were coming down, I was pleased, but wasn't expecting a snow day. That's not how my district rolls. Suck it in, figure it out, get those kids on the bus - coats and wind chill or not. And if the superintendent does call it, he usually does so at about 5AM - worthless in my opinion.

However, there has been a miracle here in the South. I am home this fine day because of snow AND Alabama is the National Champion!! Roll Tide- we mess with Texas.

Even though hell has frozen over, it's going to be a good day.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

We were having a good time poo pooing the hysterical reports on the news last night, then Janey and her boyfriend tried to go to his house on Mars Hill, didn't have a prayer of getting up the driveway so decided to go to his mom's house in Whitlock Heights...couldn't even begin to make it up the driveway. They ended up coming back here and he spent the night in the basement. It was really icy after dark. And I love a snow day as long as there is power. It's like a little gift from God.

1/08/2010 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!