Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weekend Update

So many things I could write about:

  • my 29th student shows up tomorrow. She only speaks French.
  • We've been in class for twelve days so far.
  • I think PrincipalLady is trying to make it so we fail this year. She has dumpped so many things on the table, I can scarcely breathe.
  • However, I have decided to have a personal life this year, so I will not take home crap. Won't check my school email after school and weekends.
  • I will hang out with BrownBear. (My new high school freshman!!)
  • I won't be a helicopter mother with Prep - my new college freshman!!!
  • So, as bad as life could be, I'm not going to let it be. I miss my girl, but I know she's happy and having the time of her life. I am not going to waste the next four years with BrownBear because I am all too familiar with what is going to happen. I am going to make this a great school year. I am just going to will it.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ginger Snaps said...

I will that for you too! Just keep on keepin' on! I know what you mean about having more and more stuff dumped on you constantly from admin people, but I don't know if they really have a choice either. It always comes from the higher ups.

8/22/2010 8:00 PM  
Blogger John Deere Mom said...

I have 29 too.
We have way too much to do.
I think I might try to steal your idea of having a life. No work. No email. I always take sh!t home but never do anything with it. Maybe I will save myself the trouble of lugging it home.
Glad you are doing okay with Prep at school.
Claire started preschool today. I know tomorrow she will be going off to college...

8/23/2010 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!