Sunday, September 10, 2006

Remembering Anthony Peluso

Today's post is about a man I never met. Today's post is about a man who woke up five years ago today, got up and went to his job on a beautiful September morning way up high in one of the most magnificent buildings in New York City. You could see forever from the top of his job. Today's post is about Anthony Peluso, a construction supervisor for Structure Tone. His job put him inside the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.


I agreed to take part in the 2,996:A Tribute to the Victims of 9/11 and I was assigned Anthony's name. I wasn't sure how to honor someone I had never met. But, I remembered the horror of that day and the days to follow.

The not knowing and then the knowing.

I realized that the important thing was to remember. To remember that there was a man who was engaged to a beautiful woman; to remember that there was a man who was the son of a wonderful father and mother; to remember that there was a man who was a loving uncle. To remember that life is fragile and beautiful and precious - and Anthony was all those things to many people.

And so, on this day, we take time to remember Anthony and his life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the lucky fiance. Thank you so much for your remembrance of this extraordinary man. I assume you also read about Anthony on Legacy.com which contains the NY Times Tribute to him and others called "Portraits in Grief".

12/18/2006 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!