Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Back in the Saddle, Part I

Already back to school and already overwhelmed to the point that I cannot move. Caught in the middle of the worst damned heat wave and the air conditioning in my "portable" has a mind of its own. Back to School Night is in two days and I don't have anything to wear and nothing to say. Yet, I have to show up dressed and ready to talk. Damn.

PrepGirl is in her second day of Cheerleading Camp and came home with her uniform and hairbows and shoes and pompoms and she was adorable. BrownBear is going to school tomorrow to do some work for the ladies in the front office. How come I can't get her to do some work for me? I have to start teaching science this time next week. Damn.

This is the part of the year when I want to crawl in bed and pull the covers over my head. No, really. Once this part is over, and I start rolling, I am all right. It is just getting this train started down the track that I absolutely abhor.

Getting dinner together is a chore. And I love getting dinner. Until it cools off, it is salad for you. And you. And you, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!