Saturday, August 12, 2006

Ready to Rumble?

I could have used a good happy hour yesterday, but I didn't dare, because, as always, I am not quite ready for the first day of school. Pre-planning in my district is a misnomer because while it occurs before school opens, I hardly find time to plan anything. Pre-planning time is sucked dry by the central office; meeting after ludicrous meeting where we discuss AYP, data...data....data... (did I mention that all those charts and graphs and lines and bars make my undiagnosed ADD kick in super fast?) and some more data. After a while, my butt just gets so numb that I can no longer process anything else you are telling me. Central office practices those things that they tell us not to inflict upon our students.

The ethics DVD we had to watch this week was just icing on the cake.

So, right now, I am finishing up the back to school laundry, planning the menus and grocery list for next week and getting my first day of school plans off the sticky notes and into the plan book.

Now, don't get me wrong; I love the first day of school. Well, not really. I like the second day much better. The first day is all about procedures and rules and how are you're going to get home. Handing out books, explaining agendas, defining the dress code and all that stuff. I am so hoarse by the time the day is over that the rest of the week is a crap shoot. The second day is when school really starts. Let's talk about the Civil War. Tell me what you know about a whole number. That is what I like.

PrepGirl survived CheerCamp. LawyerBoy had to go to a cheerleader parent meeting and I didn't think he was going to make it. Do the cheerleaders really need matching water bottles? I thought his head was going to explode.

PrepGirl got her high school uniforms and they are adorable. She still has a whole week before she goes back. She still has a whole book to read for summer reading, too.

BrownBear is thrilled with her class. She has a great teacher and some friends to be with. This is her last year at the elementary school. She goes with me on Monday.

Monday. Can you believe it? Are you ready to rumble?

When is Christmas vacation?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!