Thursday, January 04, 2007

What I Should Have Done Today

Thirteen Things about I Should Have Done Today
1. Completely emptied the laundry room.
2. Put away all the wrapping paper.
3. Thrown away the flat, leftover Coke on the counter.
4. Graded the math pre-tests that I know someone will ask about tomorrow. (When I have to go back to school.)
5. Made some chocolate chip cookies.
6. Drink more water.
7. Eaten breakfast.
8. Written out some report cards. (Does anyone know when we send these home?)
9. Vacuumed the upstairs.
10. Washed some sheets. (Leftover from visitors from Christmas)
11. Written out some lesson plans. (Apparently just having them in mind doesn't count.)
12. Figured out something more interesting for Thursday Thirteen.
13. Taken a nap.

Instead, I spent a total of three hours at the orthodontist with PrepGirl and BrownBear; PrepGirl got her braces off today!!!!! BrownBear had her initial consult. It just never ends. Had to get a new tire because the brand new one was no good. Had to drive carpool this afternoon because Thursdays are my day. Had to send the Wise Men closer to Bethlehem (it's not over until they see the baby Jesus!). Had to assure PrepGirl that her teeth are gorgeous. Had to take her to her grandparents to show them her teeth.

Need rest. Need dinner. Need dessert. Need a bath. Need more rest. Don't need a meaningless work day tomorrow.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is it that the Laundry is always there waiting to be put away? It takes me weeks to put it all away. Actually, I think some things never get put away. It's crazy!

1/04/2007 5:57 PM  
Blogger Chickadee said...

Ugh, I"m doing laundry today. It takes longer to fold and hang the laundry than it does to wash it. I hate it.

I laughed about throwing away the coke.

Have fun returning to work tomorrow.

My 13 are up.

1/04/2007 6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was so much I needed to do today, but I spent most of it playing on the computer.

My 13 is up.

1/04/2007 6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for Prepgirl! Getting braces off is so much better than doing laundry ;)

1/04/2007 7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list. Congrats to Prepgirl--bet it's a dazzling smile! I have a looooong list of things not accomplished over break and had to start at school today. The one thing I am glad for, no meaningless teacher workdays until next Monday's morning meeting!

1/04/2007 8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good list...Hope you get those things done sometime..Hope you have a great week. Mines up

1/05/2007 12:02 AM  
Blogger Dolores said...

If I thought about it, I could probably come up with thirty things I should have done today but put off for later. so 13's not bad. :) A great thought-provoking subject for sure.

Hope you enjoyed your dinner and get your rest!

1/05/2007 12:28 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

I don't even want to think about all the things I should have done but did not do..lol
good list.
My TT is posted

1/05/2007 11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, i feel like once i let myself start thinking about all the things i should have done in a given day, i'd have a lot of trouble stopping at only 13. i'm sorry you're feeling so worn down.

my very first TT is posted! (also, i'm a teacher-type blogger, too!)

1/05/2007 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!