Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thirteen Christmas Stories in the Basket by the Fire


Thirteen Things about my Christmas books. I always buy PrepGirl and BrownBear a Christmas story every year. Here are my favorites so far:


1. A Creature Was Stirring: One Boy's Night Before Christmas
2. Harvey Slumfenberger's Christmas Present
3. Auntie Claus
4. A Christmas Tree in the White House
5. How Santa Got His Job
6. The Polar Express
7. Who is Coming to Our House?
8. The First Night
9. The Night Before Christmas
10. The Night Henry Ford Met Santa
11. One Wintry Night
12. Get Dressed, Santa!
13. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Not all classics, but they are in our house. I hope your Christmas is joyous and blessed.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!



7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Polar Express is one of my favs. I read it with my class, wear pajamas, drink hot cocoa, and give them a bell!!! Great list! Happy TT and Merry Christmas!!!

12/22/2006 12:18 AM  
Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Now just don't use those stories in the basket by the fire to kindle a fire!

12/22/2006 8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your list.....I usually read Berkley Breathed's The Red Ranger Came Calling to my kids. They are always amazed at the ending and those that tell me they don't believe become doubters real quick.

12/22/2006 10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Christmas books as well and I bought one today..Hope I can finish it quickly.

12/22/2006 6:43 PM  
Blogger The Gatekeeper said...

I just watched the Polar Express on Dish the other day. Is it anything like the book? You have a nice collection of Christmas books.

12/22/2006 7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought one called The Red Boots that is cute.
Great list and one that I will refer to when looking for new ones to buy!

12/22/2006 11:12 PM  
Blogger Norma said...

What a great tradition. I'm all in favor of books. I still have some my parents gave me.

My Thursday Thirteen is up--remembering special Christmas gifts. Check here.

12/23/2006 6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!