Thursday, December 14, 2006

Thirteen Things on my Christmas Eve Table

Thirteen Things about My Christmas Eve Table
1. Beef tenderloin and horseradish sauce!!! Oh my gosh. Never eat it any other time of the year and it graces the center of our table after church on Christmas Eve.
2. A ton of boiled shrimp. Cocktail sauce.
3. Sausage balls. (I know it's dinner, but, hey, it's my table.)
4. Honey baked ham. Honey mustard.
5. Rolls. The brand depends on my mood. I prefer the crusty kind with soft middles. I like to place my oh so tasty beef tenderloin inside one with just a bit of horseradish sauce. HMMM, Hmmm, Good.
6. PrincipalGirl's Sweet and Salty: pretzels and peanuts which have been swirled together in a bath of white chocolate. Cooled and broken up. Delish.
7. My dad's miniature crabcakes. Cocktail sauce.
8. PrincipalGirl's chocolate fudge: the main ingredient is jello chocolate pudding. My goodness, it is good.
9. Gingersnaps; homemade. Pumpkin dip to go along with them.
10. Vegetable tray: carrots, celery, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes. A little ranch dressing. (Got to have something good for you somewhere.)
11. We call them beany-weenies; however, in other parts of the world, they are called pigs in a blanket. Of course, someone has to roll them up and bake them. I have a hard time keeping them because people eat them as they come out of the oven.
12. Sugar cookies, cut out and decorated by the girls. Who cares what they look like - they did them and had fun doing it.
13. Bowl of punch - fruity and ginger ale. (Wine chilled and hidden so the in-laws don't realize that's what we're really drinking!!)
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I am sooo hungry after reading that list. Can I come too? lol BTW, what is pumpkin dip? Sounds delicious. My TT is up also.

Merry Christmas!

12/14/2006 4:46 PM  
Blogger teachergirl said...

Pumpkin dip is canned pumpkin, cream cheese, confectioners sugar cinnamon and a little vanilla swirled together. It is unbelievable!!

12/14/2006 4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness it all sounds delicious, and thanks for the info on pumpkin dip. I'm going to try that.

Happy TT

12/15/2006 12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please make a double batch of everything and send to my house. I have all the step kids and their family here on Christmas Eve. Yup, its the reunion at my house!!!
AAHHHHHHHHHH

How do you cook your beef tenderloin?

12/15/2006 5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wuvv the Thursday 13 idea.. where did it start? suck at writing (my ADD shows upp there big time) but nonetheless I am trying to practice.. That said, I still havent figured out how to install a blawgroll or hyperlinks.. so naturally I can forget installing a Thurs 13 thingy.. Is it acceptable to write on 13 things on Thursday?
I like the concept.. cuz even tho I was in the trenches at The Pokey for 31 years, thinking of stuff too write is killah.. esp when using yr real name.. Anyhoo, I think got access to yr blawg from a comment from the only reader I have. (I asked her for good blawgs) So now I enjot daily visits here.. Thx.. That said, you can see what I mean by bean ADD in writing.. Even tho I can "teach" it, I cant "do" it! Soooooo if you ever have time to explain the Thurs 13 thang.. drop me a comment here, on my alleged/supposed blawg.. or by email.. Happy Hols.. enjoy yr delish freedom!

Syb (mex)

12/15/2006 9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I come to dinner? I swear, almost everything on this list is a fave of mine as well! GMTA!

12/15/2006 8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love your fudge recipe if you're willing to share...I've been looking for a good one, but have yet to find one that I really like.

12/16/2006 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!