Sunday, December 03, 2006

Ahoy Mateys!!

Told my principal on Friday that I was raising a pirate flag above my classroom and I was getting an eyepatch and a pirate hat. She said that we really didn't have to resort to that; we were going to move some of the thug factor out at the beginning of the New Year!!!! Put a bow around that one!! Teachergirl 1, Thugs 0.

ChoirGuy had us singing "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silent" this morning. It was pretty good; we are having dress rehearsal for next Sunday's concert Wednesday night. ChoirGuy gets his dander good and up that night. We've got a full orchestra, Youth Choir, Children's Choir and us. Makes for a long, crazy night. He gets fussy. Heck, he is fussy. All that stuff going on makes him crazy. Reminds me of the Maestro on Seinfeld. I'm hoping he doesn't lose his crap like he did last year. He made me so mad last year, I nearly quit. ChoirGuy lost some people because of his pre-concert tirade last year. I don't remember what he was griping about, but it went on for quite a while. I was so mad, I couldn't sleep. I nearly called in sick the next day. Nothing says Merry Christmas like your ChoirGuy taking a bite out of your butt.

PrepGirl has a band rehearsal that lasts from 4:30 - 9:00. Their concert is tomorrow night. She told me this morning that her band dress needed to be hemmed. I laughed. Told her to find some tape. (I'm the bad mother.) I asked her if she was marching around in the band dress; she said no. Merely sitting in the flute section. Great, I said. Walk carefully. Sit carefully.

Hope it works out. Got to make hors d'oeurves for a party.

1 Comments:

Blogger EHT said...

Wouldn't our grandmother's frown if they knew we resorted to hem tape. It works rather nicely though and no pin pricks either.

Tonight is our annual Hanging of the Green service at church....lots and lots of music. I'm a choir widow as both hubby and daughter participate. I clap.

Christmas will be here before we know it.

12/03/2006 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!