Sunday, March 30, 2008

Where's the Justice?

Last weekend, being the history junkie that I am, I stumbled upon the free HBO weekend and landed face first in the John Adams mini-series.

Personally, I landed in heaven.

Here they all were: Tom, Ben, George, John and a cast of thousands, including Abigail. The Boston Massacre and John defending those British soldiers. Abigail reading that summation (as the wife of a lawyer, I can't tell you how many times I have listened to summations and watched LawyerBoy pace back and forth being, well....LawyerBoy. The Boston Tea Party, the Continental Congress, the Declaration of Independence... John Adams in Paris, trying desparately to get the French on board and not knowing how to be diplomatic; John sending John Quincy off to Russia; I mean I looked around here and said something about getting a summer job or I'd have to pack the lot of you off, too.

Anyway, I digress.

I thought that I would be able to do without the rest of Johnny and the gang but as the time has inched closer and closer to that bewitching hour - tonight, they put the government into place, for heaven's sake - I have become a fanatic.

So, I called the cable company. In the past, I have always dealt with the fools at the cable company. Fought over the bill, ordered up some wireless: you get the drill. Tonight, Heather told me she'd be happy to help, but was LawyerBoy available.

Nope. LawyerBoy is at the lawyerboy office doing something suitably lawyerboyish.

So sad, too bad. Heather told me that if I could just have him confirm that I had his approval - because you know, in the past, so many bad people have just messed around with other people's cable services- she could push the HBO button for me and I'd be all set. BUT, and that's a big but, without my man, well, there wasn't anything she could do for me.

I guess I'll have to go get my copy of John Adams and read what I'm missing. It is hardly Paul Giamatti and Laura Linley, though. Because they are acting their revolutionary butts off. And as soon as I contact my attorney, I'm going to see what I've been missing.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

Oh, sister, I feel your pain. We have the same situation here, and it is attached not only to the cable/internet/telephone service (we bundle, you know), but also our cellular phone service. I can't even call to complain without The Pro verifying everything.

We do have HBO, and the miniseries is great. Good news for you - HBO always offers their original productions on DVD, so head on over and snap up a copy for yourself. You can use your own credit card number and have it shipped straight to YOU and not LawyerBoy! How cool is that?

3/30/2008 8:54 PM  
Blogger teachergirl said...

Heading right there now. I DO have a credit card. With my own name on it.

3/30/2008 9:39 PM  
Blogger Finding Normal said...

I've heard really good things about that mini-series. Hmmm.
A lot of our stuff is under my husband's name, too. Like my cell phone for some dumb reason. I just say my name's Shawn, and they don't really question me. Maybe I have a deep voice (ha!) or maybe they really don't care if you're lying. Just sayin.

3/30/2008 11:07 PM  
Blogger teachergirl said...

Debbie: I wasn't about to fake a Jeff, no matter how obsessed I was.

3/31/2008 6:15 PM  
Blogger Finding Normal said...

HA! I figure they could always ask me for his social or something random, which I could answer. I'm just whacked enough to go there though!

3/31/2008 9:58 PM  
Blogger Joke said...

The book is great. In fact, all the biographies of the Founding Fathers are fascinating.

-J.

4/01/2008 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!