Sunday, March 30, 2008

While I'm Not a Physician, This Does Explain Many Things

Found this test at Poppy's and I've got to tell you, my score, a 29, just confirms things I've been finding out about myself and BrownBear. I do things that many of you might consider weird - count my steps, don't do well if my routine is messed up (ask the school secretaries!), read encyclopedias, don't handle new situations well, and if completely nervous, I have been known to type what I am saying behind my back. BrownBear had (has) an issue with certain food textures (peanut butter, for example) and the way certain things touched her (her socks couldn't have a ridge across the toes and if they did, she twisted them so they didn't touch her feet). She doesn't like new social situations, either. (I was afraid sixth grade would do her in.) Just recently, I found out that she, too, is a counter - steps and what not. She has managed to make her counting work for her, though, because she is a math whiz.

Why am I a teacher? Because I usually don't have to talk to adults. I am a comedian. Masks my fear of new situations.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

You are not strange. Quirky, perhaps, but not strange.

I scored a 7, and my score isn't even on there. It looks as if I'm below average, and here I am thinking I am the very picture of mediocrity.

3/30/2008 11:11 AM  
Blogger John Deere Mom said...

I am off to take it now. I am a counter too (stairs, lines on the road) but take that obsession a step further. I divide numbers. License plates, time on the clock, etc. I can't tell you how much dividing I did when Little Miss was born and I was nursing her 24 hours consecutively. Damn OCD.

3/30/2008 1:33 PM  
Blogger cupcake said...

I'll count ceiling tiles. And I, too, counted a LOT during the breast feeding years. But otherwise, I'm not a math person. Counting, dividing, multiplying - they require a neuron that I don't possess.

3/30/2008 8:51 PM  
Blogger teachergirl said...

Sometimes, I put gas in the car and stop on a date: 17.76, 20.01 (A Space Odyssey).. 18.65. Cheap and historic. Counting tiles child's play when you are up against a pro like me! I have counted seconds between traffic lights.

3/30/2008 9:38 PM  
Blogger John Deere Mom said...

I'm too embarassed to give you my score. Let's just say I should be in a padded cell somewhere, rocking back and forth counting the ceiling tile. ;)

3/31/2008 5:13 PM  
Blogger teachergirl said...

Sweet, Angie. I'm glad for the company.

3/31/2008 6:14 PM  
Blogger John Deere Mom said...

Your historic dates at the pump...I bow down to you on that one. However, with gas prices at 3.36 a gallon, we're are looking at some very futuristic dates, my friend.
I do get a small thrill over amounts and times like 12:34 or 11.11. I am glad I am not alone in my compulsion.

3/31/2008 7:13 PM  
Blogger Poppy B. said...

I'm just glad there's someone out there who are as weird as my husband and me!

4/02/2008 11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!