Friday, March 07, 2008

Let's Start the Celebration Now

It is amazingly silent; well, not exactly silent, but quieter than normal. The only noise is the noise that I am generating. History Channel, washing machine, keyboard. You see, it is finally March Mission Madness/No Wives 16 converging at the same time. And when that convergence occurs....Teachergirl has a weekend alone. Just in time for birthday weekend!!!

Has this ever happened before? Uh, no. BrownBear just got into the Youth Group, so this is the first time she has gotten to go on the big March trip.

I've already had a lovely girls' night out and have purchased Sophie Kinsella's newest novel, Remember Me? If only Jen Lancaster knew and loved me, I'd have a copy of her newest book. And what a time I'd be having with that.

The only thing that sucks the ass out of this whole weekend is Daylight Saving Time. Are you kidding me? It is way too early for this crap. You all spring forward; I'm quite happy where I am. And, by the way; my evaluation was held today - kind of a surprise, but whatever -- and I hit the exemplary mark on every category. My AP wanted to know if I had anything to say or add and I was like - uh, no. Exemplary is just fine by me. I'll take it, thankyouverymuch. What gets me is that when I was teaching middle school, I couldn't get an Exemplary/Exceeds Standards evaluation to save my lily white behind. In some ways, just going inside that building should have qualified teachers for an exceeds standards. Do I get a medal or a raise or anything else? No. But I get to hang my evaluation on the refrigerator along with report cards and dance invitations and pictures of my kids.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger MeacherTeacher said...

Happy Birthday!
Congrats on the super evaluation. That's gotta be stressful. My administrator drops into my online class from time to time, but I don't face any kind of formal evaluation. Good for you.

3/07/2008 10:57 PM  
Blogger John Deere Mom said...

Yay for examplary! And for a weekend alone! I am right there with you on daylight savings time. I know we all adjust to it really quickly, but I already feel majorly guilty about getting my kids up at 6:15...5:15 is gonna kill 'em. Not to mention my normal time of 5 a.m. You're telling my 4 a.m. is a good time to wake up? I disagree! IN only recently started changing time. I was perfectly content being one of 3 states that didn't change. Time is one of those constants that man shouldn't interfere with...or so I thought.

3/08/2008 7:14 AM  
Blogger teachergirl said...

Hey virtual teacher! That virtual classroom thing sounds amazing. I am just now getting the hang of using the LCD projector and the blog for my parents.

Angie: you get up at 5AM? I tip my hat to you. What are you doing at that time of day? You are so right about adjusting...

3/08/2008 8:02 AM  
Blogger cupcake said...

Fabulous, teach! Not that I expected anything less. AND you have a weekend to yourself! AND it's snowing outside, so you have an even better excuse to do nothing except Focus On You.

I am pea green with envy.

3/08/2008 8:14 AM  
Blogger John Deere Mom said...

My mornings are early and hectic. I get up at 5 to shower, make up, dress, straighten my hair, get diaper bag packed, breakfast packed, etc. Then I get Tractor Boy up at 6:10 to get him dressed. Then it's time for Little Miss at 6:20. We are out the door at 6:35, at daycare at 6:45. I get them settled, breakfast served, then I am out the door at 6:55, stop to get coffee, drive 30ish minutes to school and get there around 7:40. Whew. Makes me tired just typing it!

3/08/2008 4:18 PM  
Blogger Finding Normal said...

Congrats on the exemplary!

3/08/2008 10:42 PM  
Blogger teachergirl said...

Thank you for your kind comments. My happy weekend is coming to a quick end, but I have just realized that the girls are going on spring break this coming Saturday, so I won't really have to play Mom all of Holy Week. And that is what I call holy. (Oh, so bad!!)

3/09/2008 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!