Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Early Release Day

Mindless, wasted day. School ends at 12:10. Must include Art and Lunch. Must give at least an hour for the Math PreTest (which most everyone BOMBED). Bathroom breaks. Oh, yes. It is also PICTURE DAY!!!!! Are you kidding me? Guess how much genuine instruction I got in? That would be none.

After school was dismissed, we had to take the faculty picture on the playscape (0n which I climbed to the top because I wore my khaki walking shorts and tennis shoes - hey, don't judge, it's 86 freaking degrees here!!! and it was jean day) and then we had PROFESSIONAL LEARNING.

I've had about all the professional learning I can take. We had to read and "jigsaw" (fancy term for reading and giving a book report) a chapter about data and data teams; we had to meet as a grade level team about data and then we had to meet in the big group and report on data. We didn't leave until nearly four o'clock. That's three hours I'll never get back.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger John Deere Mom said...

Ugh. The worst days ever. And the faculty picture on the playground? No thank you.

10/17/2008 1:13 PM  
Blogger Becky D said...

I don't know where you live, but in our district we have professional learning communities. I HATE them with a passion. I so feel for you!

10/19/2008 7:17 PM  
Blogger cupcake said...

We have PLCs too, and they are the most ridiculous waste of time. As for picture day, let me just say, as the person who coordinates picture day, that it is awful no matter when it's done or how it's done. Make-up picture day is even more fun! I hope you smiled pretty.

10/19/2008 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!