Monday, November 03, 2008

Roll Tide

While I would like to wax poetically about the election, I choose not to. Y'all get yourselves a copy of the Constitution. And hang on.

I shall wax poetically about.... college football. Did you see that Georgia/Florida football game Saturday? I spent some of my happiest days in college watching that game at the Clay's Farm, drinking beer, eating barbecue and celebrating KA Founder's Day. And then Texas/Texas Tech? And Georgia Tech/Florida State? And now Alabama is ranked number 1.

I shall also wax poetically about how happy I am to be rid of Daylight Savings Time. I get to go to school in the sunshine and I get to eat dinner in the dark. When the girls were really little and couldn't tell time, I used to put them to bed when it got dark. I was a bad mother, but, at the time, it was good parenting. It helped me keep my sanity.

I'm just happy that I have already voted. I only waited in line one hour and twenty minutes. With what I am facing tomorrow with a teacher work day, I am just happy to have already done my civic duty. You do yours.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Finding Normal said...

Did mine too, after 4.5 hours of voting. Insane!
And can I just say Noah is in bed a half hour earlier just because it's dark out and I wanted him to be. Granted, it's been a half hour and he's still in there talking to his bears, but he's out of my hair and he'll fall asleep eventually. LOVE IT!

11/03/2008 8:32 PM  
Blogger John Deere Mom said...

Ugh. I hate the time change. It's a relatively new thing in IN. I hate it. I know I should feel like I gained an hour, but I don't. I want to start my day early and get it over with early. I'm such a bad mother my kids go to bed at 7 and 7:30 no.matter.what. Light, dark, holiday, doesn't matter. Bed.time. The problem is once I get them to bed it is so freaking dark and I am so freaking tired that I have literally gone to bed at 8:30 most of the week. Pathetic.

11/07/2008 6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!