Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Let's Talk About Jon and Kate Because Everyone Else Is Today

If you had watched as much J&K+8 as I have (it's like a train wreck; you can't turn away), you'd realize that they never seemed much like a married couple. They were always talking about doing everything for the kids. It was always "for the kids." Look, I'm all for taking care of my kids, but one of these day, my kids are going away - sooner than I realize - and I'm going to be here with that guy I promised to love, honor and cherish, until death do us part. Kate was always (ALWAYS) the person in charge of that so called family - it was basically her way or the highway. She always had to be in control, loudly, and if she couldn't do it, she had to tell you how to do it. There was never any semblance of compromise or compassion. She hit him, yelled at him, and basically emasculated him in front a worldwide audience.

If I spoke to my husband as ungraciously as she spoke to hers, I guarantee, I would have been out on my behind in about fifteen minutes.

And then she got greedy. I remember when they went to their friends' home - the one with the big house and all that property. And I saw the glint in Kate's eyes. All of a sudden, goodies started coming their way. And she couldn't say no. Trips, a million dollar estate, custom-built playhouses, kids in t-shirts with their sponsors names emblazoned on the fronts, Emeril cooking for them. Really? Really.

And let's be honest, none of those kids is really adorable. They have become entitled brats. Who whine. Like their mother. Who must be the only role model they have. Think back to the last birthday party. Friends? Other mothers? Not so many, really.

Now granted, Jon is no saint. But let's think about this for a minute. He never really was the man of the house - as outspoken as I am, I like to think that LB is the man of the family and we are a team. He takes care of me and I take care of him. Did you see any of that with those two? Uh, no.

Now, I am sure to get comments re: I really didn't know the entire story. Maybe, maybe not. But I sure did get invited to know a whole lot. At the expense of their entire life.


So, while Jon looks like an idiot with the pierced ears and the Converse sneakers, and Kate cries the big crocodile tears and says that she really doesn't want to do this all alone (sure seemed like you wanted to the past five years) I can understand his excitement: he's getting away from the shrew and gets to live in the big house without her for a while on a whole new TLC series: Jon Minus Kate Divided By Eight: Divorce Wars/Visitation Rights.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Teacha said...

you explained this better than I EVER could. I tried to discuss it over dinner w/a friend last night. But I just didn't make it as simple as you did. I've always felt like she was abusive toward him--that is why I a stopped watching. It felt like it was all about the trips and goodies. . . . I hate to see them separate, but they chose this life for themselves. I just think that they both live in a world of regret.

I hate that they kept saying "whenever the kids want to stop." They know it isn't true. The kids don't know what they want. This show/publicity is the money maker.

One other thing . .. what was the whole deal about the wedding, was that last season. . . were they trying prove something to the public?

6/23/2009 3:58 PM  
Blogger Finding Normal said...

I agree with everything you said. And that vow renewal? For the free trip to Hawaii. I doubt they paid for any of it, and I'm sure they were paid for it. She was even on Say Yes to the Dress, so that dress was free. Such a sham and a shame.
Bring on their hiatus, hopefully cancellation. Poor kids.

6/23/2009 11:38 PM  
Blogger teachergirl said...

Say Yes to the Dress?!!! She was on SYTTD?? Now, I am outraged. Like Kleinfeld's needs the publicity from that publicity hound. (I was nearly naughty.)

6/24/2009 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!