Monday, August 23, 2010

Bonjour!

I think it's going to be really hard having a student who only speaks French with a smattering of Spanish. I tried to find out her address today to tell the bus driver. I resorted to " donde esta la casa?" To which she replied something in FRENCH!!! Not that my Spanish would have been any better than my French, but WTF (why the face!!)? Who sends their kid to school in a foreign land (okay, Canada, you're not that foreign, but someone forgot to tell this kid) without making sure she knows her address and phone number IN THAT LANGUAGE?!!

I waited for a good hour after school and no one called looking for her. I take that as a good sign.

I have some really motivated, smart Indian girls who have taken her under their wing. These girls had to learn English as their second language, so I have some hope that they will do her some good.

Wilkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome!! What a year.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I probably speak French on about a 5th grade level....do you need some phrases to write down that you can ask her?

8/23/2010 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!