Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sick Day

BrownBear's got the crud, like every other 5th grader at school. So, tomorrow is a sick day. Nothing harder to prepare for than a day out of school, especially since we had Monday off. I don't mind for so many reasons on so many levels; she is growing up so fast, I won't have her around to baby for much longer. And who doesn't want to have a Wednesday off, when it is going to be frigid and miserable?

Speaking of sick, my best friend from high school is battling all kinds of cancer. Brain tumor, lung tumor, digestive tract tumors.... and I was complaining about the heel spurs I was fighting. She was the athlete; Varsity tennis and crew. Nothing stopped her. And right now, fighting and winning the way she is, I don't think anything is going to stop her. But I just wonder how and why we get served up this life we get. So, keep her in your prayers. I know I do.

2 Comments:

Blogger BabelBabe said...

I am sorry about your friend; there's no good reason...but I will keep her in my thoughts also, wishing her strength and you peace.

I feel bad putting this here now, but I couldn't find an email for oyu and I don't now if you get your comments mailed to you - I have read Dogs of Babel. It was VERY strange, but I remember liking it. Parts ofit were upsetting, but I had just finished Lives of the Monster Dogs so perhaps I was ...calloused : ) I remember things about it but I would not say I was haunted...

1/16/2007 10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life can be a cruel & indiscriminate force, taking away as much as it gives... i hope your friend wins her battle.

1/16/2007 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!