Sunday, January 20, 2008

Snow Day, Part 2

This is what cancelled churches across the metropolitan area. Churches, people. Now, maybe it was the black ice, but, by golly, they cancelled church. IHOP and Waffle House? Open. Target? Open. I understand that Methodists and Baptists need an occasional snow day; but, people, some of the Catholic churches called it. The Catholics!!! I didn't think Catholics called it for anything. I remember as a child Mass in Latin, nuns in full habit and fish on Friday; never in the rule book did it state 'we'll close for snow days in the south.' I mean, didn't they have mass in Green Bay?

Whatever. I'll take a snow day in any form. I mean, really. I just got ready for the day. And I think that I'll be going to bed shortly. Well, maybe after that Green Bay game. After all, I really want to see what cold looks like.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

We had about an inch here, but stalwarts that we are, church was not cancelled.

I think the Catholics in your area don't deserve to call themselves Catholic. You don't miss Mass. Not for any reason. Just ask my Wisconsin-bred mother-in-law.

1/20/2008 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!