Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Teacher Stuff

I just finished a huge 5th grade meeting with our principal initiated by the 5th grade team. We made a huge presentation to our principal concerning next year and departmentalization. With all the dumping of new standards, testing and whatnot, we asked if it wouldn't be possible for us to departmentalize - and lo and behold, she, after much give and take and discussion, said yes.


I am thrilled. I think this is an amazing thing.

Apparently, 5th grade is golden this year.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Finding Normal said...

Woohoo! We're hoping to do a bit of departmentalization next year, and I'm already fantasizing about teaching 3 hours of math! I was going to ask what you would be teaching, then I saw your Label. More power to you, sister! I could teach writing all day, if I had to, but I have no idea how I would find time to grade all of that!

4/02/2008 9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
I like your blog and would like to invite you to join ‘Teachers Planet’: http://teachersplanet.ning.com/

It is an online community for teachers of all levels and curriculum areas.Your visit to the network will provide an opportunity for you to share your expertise with our teachers.At teachers planet you can start your own groups, start/participate in a discussion/ forum, add videos, music, RSS feeds, start blogs and do many more things.


Thank you for your time and consideration

4/04/2008 5:04 AM  
Blogger Joke said...

No idea what this all really entails, but I'm happy for ya.

-J.

4/04/2008 7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!