Sunday, May 04, 2008

Back From the Dead and Ready to Party

So, camping with 65 fifth graders: it's not just a job, it's an adventure.

I came home tired, dirty.... I'm sure you all can fill in all the adjectives you can think of. Have you ever been with your students for more than 24 hours? Just fill in those blanks.

Some kids said this was the most fun they had ever had. And I believe it. Because some of these kids have never seen the great outdoors.

But let me tell you... that assistant principal daddy was one of our chaperones and he was worthless. Our own PE coach was a chaperone and he was also worthless. (He hit on every GS leader in the area.)

But in other news, PrepGirl tried out and made the Varsity cheerleading squad and got accepted into Honors American Studies for next year. BrownBear is trying to get into Algebra next year - not pre but regular. So, I guess my summer has come and gone, because both of them are flipping right past June, July and August, so they can write down things that happen in September, October and November.

And last night was the art auction. Remember, tequila, your boss and parents. Never pretty.

But, and can I get a hallelujah, the magic number is 15.

And I can do FIFTEEN.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

FIFTEEN?????

I would go camping with The Geniuses to have only 15 days left in the year, as opposed to the 20-FREAKING-FIVE that we have.

You bet your bra strap I would.

5/04/2008 7:03 PM  
Blogger John Deere Mom said...

I cannot imagine camping with 5th graders. No thank you. I think 8:00-2:45 is quite enough quality time, thank you.
Congrats on your kids' accomplishments.
Oh, and I think I like your labels even more than your actual post. (That's supposed to be a compliment.)

5/04/2008 9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too just returned from camping for a week with my sixth graders, so I feel your pain. :)

5/19/2008 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!