Saturday, April 19, 2008

Volcano Day

Yesterday, the volcano project was due. My teaching partner-in-crime had our students present their projects and then we all went outside to watch them erupt.

I sat in the back of her classroom and tried to listen to as all 35 of them talked about how they put their volcanoes together and.... well, I don't know. Because, faithful readers, I had the beginnings of a migraine and I laid my head back on her chair and closed my eyes. And the whirring of the air conditioner... well, I don't know. Maybe I drifted off. Maybe I didn't. But when I did open my eyes, the Assistant Principal was sitting in a chair in front of me.

Alrighty, then.

Thank goodness it was Friday. Thank goodness it is the weekend. Twenty five days and counting.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Finding Normal said...

Whoopsies.

4/19/2008 10:24 AM  
Blogger teachergirl said...

Debbie: you are kind. whoopsies, indeed.

4/19/2008 12:39 PM  
Blogger John Deere Mom said...

25 days indeed.

4/19/2008 2:01 PM  
Blogger cupcake said...

But were you SLEEPING? Or were you quietly contemplating whether or not the student FOLLOWED THE RUBRIC?

And really. Who could blame you? I wouldn't have lasted past the first one, chair or no chair. Air conditioning unit or no air conditioning unit. AP or no AP.

4/20/2008 9:09 PM  
Blogger teachergirl said...

Cupcake: I am going to have to go with quietly contemplating the rubric because after that first one, I was a GONER.

4/20/2008 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!