Monday, April 14, 2008

I Can Do Anything For Twenty-Nine Days

Back in the classroom with a room full of geniuses who were mad they had to come back to school. I had a week's worth of review to do today for the Big State Test and they were, well, luke warm to the idea. Sorry, guys, but, I've got a week's worth of work for you every day. EVERY DAY until next Wednesday. And that's when the rubber meets the road.

Sharpen up those Dixon Ticonderogas and get another eraser.

And today, it felt as though it were the middle of January and not the middle of April. It is supposed to sleet and frost tonight. And then I read that it may get as high as 61 degrees tomorrow. Please.

Twenty-nine days and counting.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Finding Normal said...

Between you and Angie, I don't have to worry about counting days!
We have the same crazy weather here. So ridiculous to have frost in mid-April.
Good luck convincing the Genuises to play along in your review.

4/14/2008 7:32 PM  
Blogger John Deere Mom said...

I am savoring our last year of fall testing only. Next year we test in both fall and spring, then spring only from then on. I dread the thought of reviewing and cramming twice next year...

4/14/2008 7:34 PM  
Blogger cupcake said...

Well, aren't we just the nicest teachergirl in the world, bragging about your 29 days when you know I have 42. That's FORTY-FREAKING-TWO, sister.

And did I mention that one of those days is MEMORIAL DAY??

Enjoy the cold front and the countdown. I am positively pea green with envy.

4/14/2008 8:52 PM  
Blogger cupcake said...

Uh ... it's 41 days left for me.

I can't subtract.

4/14/2008 8:52 PM  
Blogger teachergirl said...

Cupcake - it is a good thing you don't teach math.

And after today, I may not be able to put up with anything for however long I have left. I may not have the stomach for it.

4/15/2008 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!