Saturday, April 05, 2008

SPRING BREAK

I wish I could say that I had magnificent plans for this week (Antigua, Disney World, New York City) but I will settle for Starbucks, the book store and a good massage without having to grade, plan or think about the geniuses (thank you, Cupcake) for ten whole days. That may be break enough. I only have to get to May 23, people, and I will let this group go. Can I get an amen?

And next year, for some of you who aren't following, including you, LawyerBoy, I will only be responsible for one class of Math and four classes of Language Arts - departmentalization. Our principal agreed this week to let us give it a go. So, the other three teachers are going to split up the rest of the subjects and we will send the children around to get a taste of middle school. They don't believe us when we talk about how difficult it really is - so we have decided to ratch it up a notch. All I can say is buckle up, fourth graders. We're getting ready for you.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

Yeah, no Antigua, Disney or NYC for me, either. Instead, I'm spending a relaxing five days in North Myrtle Beach with a friend and her child. Two women, four children. Fun times.

We blocked in the elementary school, with someone teaching Language Arts, another Math and the third Social Studies and Science. It works GREAT, and we started with the third graders. Once the kids get the hang of it - which really only takes a day or two, unless the child is special - they enjoy it too.

Kudos to teachergirl for lining it up for her school!!

4/05/2008 10:40 AM  
Blogger Finding Normal said...

Enjoy your break! I did a whole lot of nothin' on my break a few weeks ago. A vacation has never sounded appealing to me since then I'd need a vacation afterwards. I hope you DON'T think of school things during your break! 5/23 is our last day too. AMEN!

4/05/2008 11:50 AM  
Blogger teachergirl said...

Debbie: You are so right. I need a vacation to recover from the vacation. And May 23 can't come soon enough. PrepGirl will be finished with her exams but BrownBear will just be getting started (?). We'll just muddle through.

Cupcake: I've done those "vacations" before. You'll muddle through, too. And then it will be SUMMER!!! And I'm looking for a part-time job because SUMMER SCHOOL is a thing of the past. (unless, of course, we're talking about college tuition, which appears to be creeping up on me rather steadily.) And by the way, how is Primo? I don't think I've read or I've missed it.

4/06/2008 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!