Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Target

I remember those days when I would throw a baby in the Target buggy and roam mindlessly around, just to get out of the house and pretend like I was doing something.
Today, during my precious Fall Break, I had to pop into Target. Mothers and children in buggies were doing what I had done in the past. However, I overheard a conversation not meant for the ears of young children and not for me, either.

"When was the last time we made passionate love together? When was the last time you held me in your arms? When was the last time we just tickled each other in bed? I am a human being and I need to be held."

I looked around to see what soap opera was being played out THREE aisles over. Some woman (and I use the phrase loosely) was on her cellphone and the reception must have been terrible. Because she was shouting this conversation to her significant other.

I stalked her for a few moments, unable to believe the conversation she was so nonchallantly having in the middle of the Target while on her cellphone.

I am still astounded. Who walks around and let's all this dirty laundry hang out in public?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Teacha said...

the use of cellphones means people can talk about anything anywhere . . . and we don't teach descretion anymore. . . think about everything is public on tv!

also, she prob was of those folks thinking: these people don't know me, so what do i care if they hear my conversation.

9/22/2010 6:38 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

hmmm. wonder why he doesn't tickle her in bed? maybe he's afraid the neighbors will hear. snort.

10/02/2010 12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently heard a similar phone call in a bank - only this lady was doing in over speakerphone! so I could hear BOTH sides! I shook my head in disbelief, but listened anyway :D

10/10/2010 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!